The majority of zyBooks’ content adheres to WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines. To further assist students with disabilities, zyBooks also offers student- and administrator-enabled Accessibility Modes.
Student-Enabled Accessibility Mode
If you are a student, switching on zyBooks’ Accessibility Mode results in:
- Increased color contrast of elements that convey meaning
- Replacement of drag-and-drop activities with multiple choice questions
- Replacement of coding windows with plain text windows
To switch on this mode:
- Open one of the books in the My Library
- Open the My Subscription tab on the book’s landing page.
- Set the Accessible Mode switch to On.
View of the Accessibility Mode switch inside the My Subscription tab panel
Administrator-Enabled Accessibility Mode
The admin-enabled accessibility mode, which must be requested through accessibility@zyBooks.com, allows for the student-enabled accessibility mode features plus the:
- Replacement of animations with static lists of captions.
- Replacement of Participation and Challenge Activity questions that include custom interactive tools, with a static view containing alternative text.