Administrator permissions are needed to add zyBooks as an external tool to Blackboard.
First, click on "System Admin" in the top-right corner of the Blackboard page. Once within the Administrator view, click on "Building Blocks". Next, click on "LTI Tool Providers".
Click on "Manage Global Properties" and have the following settings:
- Enabled in Courses: Yes
- Enabled in Organizations: Yes
- Creation of Tool Provider Links: Allow links to any tool provider that isn't explicitly excluded.
- Allow configured tool providers to post grades: Yes
Go back to the LTI Tool Provider page and click on Register Provider Domain. Fill the fields as follows:
- Provider domain: lti.zybooks.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
Under the Default configuration section, fill in the fields as follows:
- Default configuration: Set globally
- Tool provider key: contact at email@example.com for this
- Tool provider secret: contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for this
Under the Institution Policies section, fill in the fields as follows:
- Send User Data: Send user data over any connection
- User fields to send: Role in Course, Name, Email Address
- Show user acknowledgment message: No
Click "Submit" to finish.