To add zyBooks as an external in Brightspace, begin by navigating to Course Tools and then select Course Admin.
Click on External Learning Tools.
On the page that loads, click New Link.
A form will appear and several fields will need to be filled out:
- Name: zyBooks (or whatever you want to name your external tool)
- URL: https://lti.zybooks.com/v1/lti_provider
- Fill the checkbox to "Allow users to view this link"
- Fill the radio button for "Sign messages with key/secret with" and check the box "Link key/secret"
- Enter the key and secret (Contact email@example.com for this)
- Fill the radio button labeled "Use link security settings"
- Checkmark all the boxes below
There is also an option to configure this tool at the organizational level and make this tool available to multiple courses:
Clicking on "Add Org Units" will show a list of courses that you can add this newly configured external tool to.
Click "Save and close" once you are done configuring.