To add zyBooks as an external in Brightspace, begin by navigating to Course Tools and then select Course Admin.
Click on External Learning Tools.
Note that you can also get to this page by clicking the gear icon and selecting "External Learning Tools"
IMPORTANT: From there select the tab for "Manage Tool Providers" and click "New tool provider".
A common mistake is to work from "Manage External Learning Tool Links" but you must be on "Manage Tool Providers".
A form will appear and several fields will need to be filled out:
- Launchpoint: https://lti.zybooks.com/v1/lti_provider
- Secret (Please have your school's Brightspace admin reach out to our Customer Success Engineer, email@example.com for this)
- Use custom tool consumer information instead of default should be checked
- Key (Please have your school's Brightspace admin reach out to our Customer Success Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org for this)
- Name (We suggest zyBooks)
- Ensure that all security settings are checked
Note that some LMSs may default to SHA256 for the OAuth Signature. At the time we only support SHA1.
Clicking on "Add Org Units" will show a list of courses that you can add this newly configured external tool to.
Click "Save and close" once you are done configuring.