In order to add zyBooks as an external tool in Moodle, an administrative account is required. First, go to "Site administration" on the menu on the left-hand side.
On the "Site administration" page, click "Plugins".
Scroll to a section named "Activity modules" and click on "Manage tools".
Click "configure a tool manually".
A form should appear. The first section of the form is labeled "Tool settings".
- Fill out the "Tool name" for the zyBooks external tool
- The Tool URL is https://lti.zybooks.com/v1/lti_provider
- Fill out the consumer key and secret (please have your school's Moodle admin reach out to our Customer Success Engineer, email@example.com for this)
- For "Tool configuration usage", choose "Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool"
Next, fill out the "Privacy" section of the form
- Set "Share launcher's name with tool" to "Always"
- Set "Share launcher's email with tool" to "Always"
- Set "Accept grades from the tool" to "Always"
Click "Save changes" to complete the form.