Some instructors use the zyBooks assignment feature linked to a Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, or D2L. For each assignment, students must:
- First, click on the assignment link from their LMS, which opens the zyBook;
- Then, click the submit button to upload activity completion data to the LMS.
- Entering the zyBook without going through that assignment's LMS link.
- While the activity will be recorded, the submit button will not be activated until entering via the LMS link. It is important to note that the assignment link must be clicked through the assignment tab, not any other tabs (may not be applicable for all LMS). If you clicked on the correct link in your LMS and the submit button did not activate, you should double-check that you are subscribed to the correct class section by going to the "My subscription" tab on the homepage of your zyBook.***
- Going through an assignment link and then attempting to do another assignment.
- Each assignment must be accessed only through its respective link in the LMS. For example, Assignment 2 cannot be done in Assignment 1's link. Only Assignment 1 can be submitted. Assignment 2 will need to go through its own link in the LMS.
- Being in the wrong section.
- If a zyBook has multiple sections, the student must make sure that their LMS section matches their section in the zyBook.
Many instructors use assignments without linking to an LMS, or don't use the zyBooks assignment feature at all. Those instructors typically run reports manually and upload the activity data to their gradebook. In that case, the student does not need to submit activity data.
*** Note that when you click a link to an assignment, you might be prompted to pay again. If this occurs, please do not pay again, instead, refer to out help article, I already paid, so why am I being asked to subscribe again?