A class zyBook's start date is set by your instructor, often a week or so before class starts. The end date is typically two weeks after the class ends. Subscriptions for independent learners last 6 months. You can view the end date on the "My subscription" panel of your zyBook's home page.
The "My subscription" panel may have an option to extend -- $18/year for most titles.
- Extensions are for personal use only, and not for use in any class. Instructors of other class offerings cannot see your activity, and we will not transfer such activity.
- If you are retaking a class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount options.
- If you are taking a different class using a zyBook with the same subject (like Java), subscribe directly to that class' zyBook (a discount may be automatically applied).
- Extensions are for the base zyBook content. zyLabs (items labeled "Lab Activity") are not included in the price and may be hidden at any time.
- If you extend but later take a class using the same subject, you can optionally email email@example.com to be considered for an extension refund. (Otherwise, extensions generally are not refundable).
- If you extend an outdated zyBook, you may be eligible to be upgraded to a non-class zyBook. Note that in doing so, all of your activity data will be cleared. Also, non-class zyBooks do not contain labs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Saving and printing
As a professor-formed company, we want students to refer back to their learning material. So, for most zyBooks, students can print each chapter* (commonly to PDF). A "Print chapter" button appears at the end of each chapter in the table of contents. Obviously, the PDF will not be interactive, but can serve as a handy reference.
*Please note that some titles may not be available to be printed, due to restrictions from that title's original publisher.
**Please note that most zyBook's chapters are very large and may take a while to print.