Before proceeding, note that integrating with a Learning Management System (LMS) is not required when using zyBooks.
- We make signing in and subscribing at zyBooks.com super-easy for students.
- Instructors can configure zyBooks so each chapter is a week, which is a great way for students to know what to work on each week.
- Activity scores can be downloaded to a CSV and uploaded to an LMS. For these reasons, many instructors have happily used zyBooks without having to set up and maintain LMS integration. With that said, some instructors indeed desire or need LMS integration.
zyBooks supports the Learning Tools Interoperability specification 1.1 and 1.3 and can be integrated as a Tool Provider (TP) in an LMS.
This method is single sign-on capable; the LMS provides the user account information, and the zyBooks site does not require further authentication (the user does not need to log on to zyBooks).
Information for administrators - Configuring the LTI link
Creating a link to a zyBook requires the following items:
- The URL of the tool provider: https://lti.zybooks.com/v1/lti_provider
- An authentication secret: (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for institution-specific LTI credentials)
- An authentication key: (contact email@example.com for institution-specific LTI credentials)
Information for instructors - Linking to sections or assignments
Only verified zyBooks instructor accounts may create links through the LTI interface. An instructor can only create web links to zyBooks where they are assigned as an instructor. Note that a zyBook must have been released through the zyBooks fulfillment process and be in your active zyBook library before it’s available for deep linking.
If you are using SSO please, provide the following instructions to your students:
Accessing your class zyBook:
- Click on the zyBooks links in your learning management system. (Do not go to the zyBooks website and create a new account.)
To learn how to set up links, please find the guide below for the LMS you will be using.
Guides for linking to sections
Guides for linking to assignments