zyBooks are in general non-refundable. But for zyBooks used in a class, if you drop the class, or were waitlisted and didn't get in, you may submit a refund request.
- Requests must be received within one week of the drop or the notice of not getting in, and should be in a reasonable timeframe from the class' start (refunds are not granted near a term's end or after). zyBooks staff may require evidence.
- If you forgot to request, don't worry -- if you take the same class later, you can request a credit.
- We cannot refund purchases made through bookstores; check your bookstore's policy.
- If your purchase enabled a discount on another zyBook, any refund will be partial, to account for such discount.
- Independent learner zyBooks are non-refundable and don't have a trial period, but Chapter 1 is free to view, to help a learner decide before purchasing.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
To request a refund, go to the "My subscription" panel in your zyBook and click the "Request a refund" button. If the button does not appear, that is usually due to it being too late to request a refund. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to check.
We are pretty quick about processing refunds -- usually one or two business days. But please note that your credit card bank may take an additional 5-10 business days to process the refund on their end -- we have no control over that. Also note that your bank may have the refund appear on your bank statement as a reversal, where the original payment drops off instead of issuing a credit.
Chapter 1 of most class zyBooks can be accessed without a subscription. An unsubscribed student's activity is recorded, but an instructor cannot see unsubscribed students on their roster and thus cannot see an unsubscribed student's activity. But once the student subscribes, the student appears on the roster along with all the activity the student completed in Chapter 1.
CH1 free access is intended to get a quick start to learning even if they need a little time to subscribe, like time to locate their credit card. CH1 free access is not intended for a student to be part of a class for the first weeks. Instead, students should subscribe ASAP, confident that if they drop, withdraw, or can't get into the class, they can request a refund per the above policies.
Our CH1 + generous refund approach differs from that of many publishers who give a couple weeks of full access free but then have stricter refund policies and shorter windows for refunds. We believe our approach is better for the students.
For students who need full access while they await their financial aid disbursement, see this article.